No Announcements at the Moment
Log inWould you like to Rotary ?
Kuyilkuppam Village Project
- Located near Thiruporur, 60 kms from Chennai
- Around 64 Irula families living in the village, where men and women are uneducated and do not have proper / regular jobs resulting in total poverty
- Children are not sent to schools due to lack of awareness and affordability.
- Village does not have medical facilities and the people are living in huts made of coconut leaves, which leak during rains, and with no electricity
- RCMC along with District 3232 have take up a novel and first of its kind project of providing houses for the 64 Irula families living in the village
- Each family will be given a non-transferrable patta for around 3.5 cents by Government at free of cost and a 2 BHK house of around 585 sq ft builtup area
- Overall project also include
- Utensils and equipment for leading daily life
- Clean drinking water and sanitation
- Roads, community hall, sewerage system, water tank and street lights
- Providing opportunities to them for regular work by training them on dairy farming, masonry work and related activities for their self-sustenance
No updates at the moment, Log in!